Glendale

Christ Episcopal Church

Sharon, Erie & Forest Aves.

1868

Christ Episcopal Church

Christ Episcopal Church

Modern-day view.

Glendale Town Hall

80 E Sharon Rd.

1875

Some modifications made from original design.

Glendale Town Hall

Glendale Town Hall

Modern-day view.

Glendale Town Hall

Glendale Town Hall

Modern-day view.

Glendale Town Hall

Glendale Town Hall

Modern-day view.

Glendale Town Hall Illustration

Glendale Town Hall Illustration

Illustrated postcard of the Glendale Town Hall, date unknown. [internet search]

 
 

William Wilson McGrew Residence

930 vs. 940 Forest Ave.

1875

[Boyd; Maxwell]

“…along Sharon and Forest,,,the new residence of Wm. Wilson McGrew, one of the most beautiful in the village. It is a handsomely-finished two-story frame, with a Swiss roof, and a fine airy veranda not unlike that enjoyed from Mr. Clarke’s.”

[Maxwell, pg. 87]

W. W. McGrew Residence

W. W. McGrew Residence

Thought to be the same building as the Christ Church Rectory.

 

Robert Clarke Residence

70 E Fountain, Southwest Corner Wood

[Boyd; Maxwell]

Heavily remodeled. 2nd story removed.

 

“ On the south side of Wood, corner of Fountain avenue, is the residence of Robert Clarke, one of the most tasteful and attractive in Glendale. This is a fine two-story brick residence, with Mansard, once the dwelling of Ezra Elliott, but since remodeled, and so changed as to quite conceal the original design.”  [Maxwell, pg. 85]

Robert Clarke Residence

Robert Clarke Residence

Front. Modern-day view.

 

R. M. Shoemaker Residence

Fountain Ave., Southwest Corner Woodbine (formerly Pine)

[Boyd; Maxwell]

Demolished

Plot noted on Titus Map.

“..about 4 acres in extent. He has a brick residence of two stories, with a French roof. An airy veranda embraces the from, and an ornamental portico faces the east.”

Glendale Titus Map 1869

Glendale Titus Map 1869

Shows location of properties in red. The circled portion in the map denotes the R. M. Shoemaker residence. [Titus Map]

 

Christ Church Rectory

460 Forest Ave.

1875

Originally next to the church. Moved to 940 Forest. Believed to be the same building as the W. W. McGrew residence.

Christ Episcopal Church Rectory

Christ Episcopal Church Rectory

Believed to be the same building as the W. W. McGrew Residence. [Google Earth]

Historical Photo of Rectory

Historical Photo of Rectory

Historical Photo of the Rectory. Exact date unknown.